Thanksgiving Do's and Don'ts for your Pets
You can most definitely share your Thanksgiving meal with your pets but just be mindful!
Here are the need to know facts:
- No nuts
- No onions
- No garlic (in moderation its’s fine but in the case of the holidays no one seems to be too moderate so we will keep it on the NO list)
- No turkey skin or cooked bones
- No grapes or raisins
- No desserts - this includes any pie with or without chocolate
- Stay away from spices (especially sage & nutmeg)
- Please no stuffing - most folks don’t have a clue what the stuffing is made from and many recipes include nuts.
- No coffee, coffee grinds
- No citrus
What you can give them:
- Turkey muscle meat & gizzard
- Sweet Potato
Instead of their normal meal, make a plate of meat, veggies and sweet potato in proportion to your pet's size. The meat should be about 80-85% of the meal for canines and 90-95% for the felines and you can go ahead and mix in the appropriate veggies and sweet potato for the balance.
Have a wonderful day with your family, including the furry ones!